Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day Sixty (An Amazing Feat of Ass Kissing)

    ****NAMES CHANGED TO PROTECT PORTLAND'S STREET KIDS*****

Kitten Lady and I have decided to take the day to relax and pretend we are not homeless for once. After breakfast we go snack shopping for stuff to take to the movies. We buy four things but boost a bunch of snacks. The employees at the store are watching us so we think we are about to be busted at any second but we get out by the skin of our teeth without getting caught.

We head to the movie theater where we turn in our movie vouchers to see Disney's "Brave". We decide that we will pay for that movie ticket then sneak into the other films we want to see. They check our bags for food. KL hides the kitten in her sweatshirt. Our snacks are buried under glow in the dark animals and yarn so we get in without a problem.

Once we are settled in our seats we take Tweak and the snacks out. Tweak climbs from lap to lap and sticks her head up. She moves with the advertisements that are playing on the big screen. It is freaking adorable. She stays up for the whole movie and watches it with as much excitement as a little kid would, bobbing her head from side to side with the characters.

After "Brave" we hide out in the bathroom for about an hour where I pick at my ear with one of my pokey sticks. I amazingly enough manage to get a huge chunk of ear wax out and start yelling with excitement. It is the weirdest looking chunk of ear wax I've ever seen and I run to show KL who is in the bathroom stall. I can now hear a lot better out of the one ear, to the point where it is like wearing one contact.

We go to watch a documentary made by someone with Autism and OCD about his mental disorders. We last about ten minutes before we ditch that film. It's pretty bad. Instead of sneaking into another movie we just go back to the day program. The ear wax has me too excited to sit and watch another movie.

KL discusses her Oxy prescription she can't fill with Mother Goose. She explains that she cannot pay for it and it is in another kid's name. Mother Goose is kissing our asses so hard she goes and gets it filled anyways and rips off the name on the bottle. She lets us sit upstairs even though the services are closed for the day. Anything we ask for we get. I love it.

In the evening we go to Street Church. We get some clothes from their clothing closet. One of the ladies working in the closet is playing some obnoxious Christian music that is grating on my nerves so hard I want to leave. "I love when I play my Christian music here," she says, "They pick up our Bibles." KL and I groan at this ignorant lady. People don't like Street Church for a reason. Our other services do not have the ulterior motive of trying to convert us to a particular belief. Being in a place that helps you only because they desperately wants you to think like they do is pretty crappy.

S asks us to walk with her somewhere. I tell her we will if she pushes KL's wheel chair. I try to hand her the wheelchair but she allows KL to keep rolling downhill with no one holding her so I have to chase after her and save her from flying. When she finally does take the wheel chair she runs across the street throwing KL in front of a car and almost killing her. Thankfully, the car slams hard on the breaks and stops right before colliding with KL. "Oops." S says.

I run and take KL from her. We make up an excuse to leave.

"Still want to complain about my driving?" I ask when we calm down.
"No, I like your driving.You have your wheelchair pushing license."
"That's what I thought."

We smoke a few bowls before heading into shelter and going to bed.

--mm

No comments:

Post a Comment