Sunday, August 19, 2012

Day Seventy-Eight

   ****NAMES CHANGED TO PROTECT PORTLAND'S STREET KIDS****

In the morning I sit and have breakfast with my roommate. She has coco puffs. That's a high class homeless breakfast. We chit chat and I dwaddle a bit so I end up being one of the last ones out the door. Kitten Lady didn't wait for me so I go to Whole Foods and have some time devoted to just the blog. I sit with Kitty, who I haven't seen in awhile. He's still downstairs so I don't bump into him as often.  We catch up and he buys me a snickerdoodle and juice which makes me happy.

 A friend I haven't talked to in awhile is online. She and I used to be pen pals when she was working on a ship. She wanted someone to email back and forth with and I loved hearing about her seabound adventures. They reminded me of my favorite book growing up: The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle .  I tell her about my homelessness and she tells me that her boyfriend used to be a street kid in Boston where she is from. This makes the conversation a lot less awkward.

It's Saturday which means #2 is open for the day. I go there at 1pm, in hopes of stealing a nap. One of our sponsors are serving lunch. It's always nice when #2 has sponsors serving lunch, they tend to serve much better food. They offer us burgers, soda and fruit salad. I eat even though I'm not hungry because I've learned to take advantage of the edible meals. 

I steal a couch after I'm done eating and fall straight asleep. I'm out until the place is about to close, which means I got about a four hour nap. That's not bad. Tweak snuggles with me for a lot of the nap which is nice. I love when I have a snugggly kitty with me. 

When #2 closes for the night we go to our favorite Starbucks. KL dozes off in her wheelchair while I sit on my computer. We are a pretty boring crowd, sorry. I get KL up into shelter then kill time at McDonalds until 9pm. When I get upstairs the Bridge Lady is being ridiculous, taking three nonuses for all petty shit. To top it all off it's lasagna for dinner again tonight. (#2 served lasagna for dinner too). 

I'm irritated so I figure the best thing I can do is shower and go to bed. 

--mm

No comments:

Post a Comment