Friday, August 31, 2012

Day Ninety

   ****NAMES CHANGED TO PROTECT PORTLAND'S STREET KIDS****


I don't wake up until after one in the afternoon. I can't remember the last time I was able to sleep in. Baby Mama makes everyone breakfast. I eat and the next thing I know I'm asleep again. Baby Mama wakes me up at five in the afternoon. I have to go right then because I need to go by Savior Man's house before I go to shelter to pick up my debit card.

I get to Savior Man's place right before he's about to leave to go see a movie. Spencer gives me a kiss and I hold him for a minute before I have to go. Savior Man tells me that I can leave some stuff to pick up tomorrow. I need to take Spencer his cat nip and new collar.

I get back on the max to go to Whole Foods where there is a group of street kids hanging out. Gold is getting into transitional housing in the morning. Stripper Man and her are broken up again at the moment. Stripper Man called her a bitch so she punched him in the nose. When we walk to shelter we look at the blood stain left behind. It's an impressive blood splatter.

At shelter dinner is red beans and rice. It's a nice surprise. Beans and rice isn't exactly gourmet but it's not pasta. I'm thrilled. Director Lady asks me about Baby Mama's apartment. She is excited for her. I really like Director Lady. She is one of the few that really does care.

I eat then go to sit in my dorm and use the internet illegally. I work on editing my friend's crochet book and my blog. When I have to go in my locker Ginger's girlfriend calls me a bitch. I snitch her out to staff. They're going to let me switch bunks tomorrow when Gold gets out of shelter. I crochet in the dark until I fall asleep.

--mm

No comments:

Post a Comment