Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Day One Hundred and Eight

   ****NAMES CHANGED TO PROTECT PORTLAND'S STREET KIDS****

It's the second day of the job readiness training. I'm ready. In the morning I want to give Bernard my housing application but he's with a youth in the community. I sigh and roll my eyes. Why don't people just sit around and wait for me all day? (jk) ;)

JRT is alright. I don't really know what to say about it. It goes over the secrets on resumes, applications and the like to figure out what is nationally most appealing. It's a lot of stuff I already know from working but every now and then there's something that surprises me. The ginger clan follow me but I ignore them.

The instructor said we can work around me starting school next week if I finish everything in the class this week. So I'm working my butt off to get these assignments done. Bernard said it was up to me if I wanted to continue the class since I'm going to school but I figured it wouldn't hurt. It'll provide productive time and maybe give me an upper hand. Even with school I'm still going to need a job. I don't have my tuition waiver or scholarships this year.

After I finish at the class for the day I meet with Bernard about the final things we need to do before I can get into housing and about getting me an honored citizen bus pass. This will save me a ton of money. Instead of paying over $100 a month for a bus pass it will be $26 a month or $1 per bus ride. I want that. He says he'll look into it.

When I check my email I have one from the college dean saying that my refund for the math class has been approved and expedited. He personally welcomes me back. I want to scream. I don't have to cash my aunt's check! I have been welcome back to school by the dean! I could do cart wheels in the street if I knew how!

I am so thrilled with how everything is working out. I tell my aunt the news and she tells me I can use the check for books and bus passes if I need to. I really hope I don't have to. I'm just so happy that I get to go home to my "print family" and my school. The Flying Spaghetti Monster is looking out for me. Finally.

But no, it will still get better.

--mm

No comments:

Post a Comment