Friday, October 26, 2012

Why Staff Almost Saw Me Naked

So it's after 1am. I'm sick as hell and I have to work tomorrow. Why am I awake? Some idiot set off the fire alarm in the building and we had to rush out to evacuate. I was in bed totally asleep and totally naked when this happened.

I leaped out of bed and threw my six blankets a good four feet. I couldn't see as I obviously didn't have my contacts in and I don't have back up glasses. I scrambled to find my robe and pants. Staff started to unlock my door to see if I was inside and needed to help exiting. Still naked I slammed the door shut before they got it all the way open and tried to scream (mind you I have no voice) "I'm not dressed".

I almost had to walk out in just my robe but I managed to find pajama pants which I put on backwards. Finding my slippers or my keys just didn't happen. I ran out as I was, pressing my arms against my boobs to hide my lack of bra. I had to wait outside in the cold while sick.

Nobody was happy about this as most of us had been sleeping. Even if we are naked we have to go outside if the alarms go off. Not evacuating your rooms when the fire alarm goes off, even if there is no fire, can get you in major trouble as staff will get in even worse trouble if they leave youth behind in the building when the fire department is called. It never goes off when we are dressed and awake. NEVER.

We joked this time Ginger set it off with the steam coming out of his ears.

We are contemplating putting a sign on our pod door saying, "Everyone in here sleeps naked" in hopes that would make staff more cautious about walking in on us. I think that's imperative information.

God help the person who set off the alarm tonight. If their identity is ever revealed they will have an angry mob after them.; Now, to try and fall back asleep. More NyQuil!

No comments:

Post a Comment