Thursday, October 25, 2012

Transfer Meeting

I wanted to take a quick minute to let you guys know how my transfer meeting went. For those of you that didn't read my last post I have to change case managers now that I'm in housing which I don't think anyone is thrilled with because Bernard and I are so close.

Bernard and I ended up having to wait on Bianca, as I have decided to call her (assuming I haven't named her in past entries). [Curious where her name comes from? Same place as Bernard's the Disney movie "The Rescuers". No, I'm not hinting at a romance between the two of them, it just seemed to make sense that both their names would come from the same place as they are both my case managers. I digress]. When I walked in he asked, "So what is this about a pumpkin patch?"
I started laughing because I forgot I sent him a text last night about wanting to go to the pumpkin patch. My roommate and I had ended up talking about how we wanted to go to one last night and I just sent a text asking. Couldn't hurt right?

[[Two side notes about the pumpkin patch. The director of housing is going to try and get one of the staff to coordinate a trip for me. Also, later after the meeting had started Bernard mentioned this and I made a sly comment about 'needing to carve some gingers'. At first he started laughing then he just said, "Don't go there. Just don't go there." Bianca was highly confused. When I talked to the director of housing about it Bernard was like, "Not sure if we should trust her with a knife but we could give her a spoon" LMAO. Carving gingers may have gone a little far though.]]

Anywho after the pumpkin patch conversation he asked me, "What's going on?"
I shrugged, "Nothing."
"Something is going on."
"Nope."
"What's wrong? I can tell something's up."
"Nothing. I'm fine." I was getting terse.
He reached over and shut the office door, "We can play this game all day or you can just tell me."
So I tell him about how the kids at school put my mug shot up on the computers.
"That sucks."
"That's the world of internet."
"It's still pretty bad."
I shrugged, "Journalists know how to use Google."
"Yeah, but that charge isn't you. Its's what you had to do and some not-so-good decisions you made."
I shrugged, "It's whatever."
"You should really be upset about this. It's okay to get upset."
He started trying to do the whole convincing me to cry thing again. I kind of don't get this. I've had my fair share of mental break downs in the last four months. I mean, really what do you want me to do? Cry every time something doesn't go my way? Psh, that's what yelling is for.

So Bianca came in, and we started the meeting. It was well, rocky. We went over the goals that Bernard and I originally set when I first started with him: school, employment, housing, legal stuff. For the most part all of them were finished which is quite surprising since I worked with Bernard for what? Two months at best.

The only goal left was the legal stuff. For the most part the theft charge is over with. The court called Bernard and he left them a message saying I fulfilled my expectations but they haven't called back so he assumed it was over. Bianca said it'd be good to follow up to be sure. On this, I agreed with her. What I didn't agree with was her saying, "Forward me the information and I'll get in touch with them."

Uh, lady, I gave the release of information to Bernard, not you. He already knows what went down. He was the one I called when I got arrested. Not you. So uh, let him follow up please. I was even squeamish talking about the theft charge with her there. Especially after yesterday.

She also decided she would take over the Trimet violation which to me made no sense because Bernard was the one who had all the information for that. She said, "Well maybe we can go when you're done with classes this term."

No, I was planning on him taking me.

I intended to at least finish what we started you know?

When I mentioned my psychotic literature teacher who assigns an asinine amount of homework for a 100 level class Bianca went on this tangent of trying to tell me how to do my homework and how I should get used to it because that's what college teachers do. No bitch, that is not what is supposed to happen in a 100 level class. Those are classes you take for fun, not torture. And one thing you don't want to do is try to tell me how to do my homework. I don't have a 4.0 for nothing. It was in her best interest to shut up. When she didn't I rolled my eyes quite dramatically.
"I saw that outrageous eye roll," Bernard said laughing.
At that point she realized it was probably wise to let the issue go.

She didn't have this wisdom when she decided to bring up the whole key card drama AGAIN. Now, this was Sunday when the housing staff got a little big for their britches and interrupted my homework to shut off my key card when I didn't do exactly what they wanted me to do when they wanted me to do it. Had I wanted to go out and party I would have possibly been able to understand where they were coming from but my HOMEWORK? No, that's not what you want to interrupt. I will go for blood.

This whole thing has been beaten to death ten times over. I talked to the director of housing and Bernard about it. My contact person and I were also on the same page on this. It should have ended the night I told him I wouldn't be doing the chore they wanted me to do because I hadn't known about it in advance. The other housing staff dragged it out by shutting my key card off. Even the director of housing agreed that dumping something on me last minute and then carrying it out the way they did was unacceptable. Bernard was just like, "Dude, can you not call people bitches to their faces?" To which I said, "Well, I won't call them names behind their back." And then he shook his head and dropped it.

So why, Bianca are you dragging out this old shit? It's not helping me accept her as my case manager. And she wouldn't drop it either. Finally I was just like, "I'm done with this conversation. Done. Done. I'm so sick of this. Get over it. We're not talking about it again."

The office got this heavy silence and she just awkwardly said, "Well okay." I'm debating going and talking to the director of housing about this whole thing being carried on the way it is. It's a ridiculous power trip and all they want is to feel like they had power over the situation. Really guys? I already won.

-sigh- So we'll see how everything plays out. Bernard was careful with his wording saying, "I'm not your main case manager anymore..."

Part of me wonders if they'll just give up on moving me around and just let me stay where I'm comfortable. Clearly, it takes special talent to handle me and these people are lacking in that talent.

--mm


No comments:

Post a Comment