Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bronco Bamma



I'm on pins and needles watching this election's results come in. I don't think I've ever been so stressed about an election. Granted, this is the first time I've been old enough to vote in a presidential election. I was just a few months shy in 08. Still, I don't think I have ever had so much to lose over politics.

I am a college student. I am a female. I have health problems. I have food stamps. I live in government sponsored funding and am dependent on a government supported program for the homeless. I work retail in a store that is going to be laying people off in a week or two. I believe in civil rights for all people; men, women, black, white, Mexican, Asian, gay and straight. And tonight all of these things can disappear into thin air.

I've gone back and forth for awhile on whether or not I wanted to make an election post on this blog. My anxiety has me at a point where I can't help but purge this somewhere. I don't want to turn off any Republicans or Romney supporters that might read this blog but you know I can't help but say things how I see them.

Romney's number one concern is not for the homeless population. It's not for the middle class. It's not for me. Romney cares about one thing: the number of 0's he can add to his bank account. My future is not as important as his 0's.

Him winning would mean these services I depend on will be downsized and cut. I could lose my health insurance, vital medication. I could be back on the streets worse off than I was when all this started.

Voting in Oregon closed 11 minutes ago. It's a shame we can't drink in housing. Now would be a great time for a drinking game. Happy election day everybody! No matter who you vote for, vote. It's important.

--mm


FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment